I don't know how I feel about it being wednesday today... probs a mix of excitement and dread. Excitement because the husband and I are going on a date tonight, dread because I have another dental appointment due to aforementioned chipped tooth. Honestly kids, look after your teeth when you're young (I say this being the ripe, old age of 28 years...).
Not much has been happening in my world. Now that I am back at uni the only structure to my week is my 9:30 lecture on a Tueday morning. Other than that I cannot distinguish between a week day and a weekend; not dissimilar to how it is when I'm on shifts in the hospital, I guess. This sounds great but I need structure, I like structure, and I love plans. However, the only thing I have to plan into my day is studying. I won't complain though as it is quite nice being an undercover lady of leisure (I'm labouring under the guise of being a degree student).
Highlights of my week thus far include a meeting with my dissertation supervisor yesterday (love geeking out and discussing ideas), and this dish that I made for dinner yesterday...
... a mushroom and rice baked dish. This is from a recipe I found on the BBC Good Food website. It's a super easy, vegan, gluten-free one-pot dish. The most labour intensive bit is chopping the veg up. After that you virtually just chuck it into a casserole dish and bung it in the oven; my preferred method of cooking. I'm not one for standing over the hob for ages stirring etc., especially in this hot weather. If you want to give it a whirl I would recommend maybe adding some garlic, tomato purree or other ingredients to bring out the flavour. Don't get me wrong, it's a great meal but there was just something missing. Btw, sorry about the quality of my images at the mo; I just cannot get back into the photo-taking grove.
That's it from me, I need to jump in the shower and crack on with some studying before the dreaded dentist visit. Wish me good luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment