Thursday, May 19, 2011

Hi-hello

Well hello there!

Gosh, it's been a long time.  As per usual.  I just thought I'd drop by to mention that I'm still alive!  I have to say, part of the reason I haven't been blogging at the mo is that I've lost all interest in food.  Thus what is one to write about on a blog with such a title as mine???

Surprisingly, I do have a recipe to share though and it's a good 'un for relatively healthy cupcakes.  Again, sorry for the crappy pictures.



The recipe can be found here.  I followed the chocolate cupcake recipe and just replaced the all-purpose flour with a gluten-free plain flour blend.  Then I iced the cupcakes with this recipe... possibly the best ever ganache frosting I've ever tasted!



Btw, the photo above is of two of my closest friends.  I had baked cupcakes ready for one of the grand prix races.  These guys have come to expect sweet treats when they visit.

Other than this, very little has been happening.  In all honesty, I'm going a little mental from spending too much time alone in our flat trying to write my dissertation.  I only have one lecture in Uni per week until the end of June as the rest of the time is supposed to be spent studying.  But, it just ain't happening!  I know I'll get to the summer and suddenly start panicking.  Are you a last minute studier?  I need the pressure of a busy schedule and impending deadline otherwise I work at snail's pace and get very little done!  On the plus side, I'm having lots of time for yoga; my one saving grace.

And that's pretty much it for now!  Maybe I'll pop by again soon...

With love xxx

3 comments:

  1. ahhh those look amazing! noo im such a planner when it comes to studying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cakes look great! Good luck with the dissertation/studying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am definitely a last minute studier! I work better under pressure (or thats what I like to tell myself...) Good luck with the dissertation!

    ReplyDelete